Gotu Kola, Centella asiatica, is one of the most important regenerative Ayurvedic herbs. These leaves have been used for centuries by yogis to support deep meditation. It is believed to develop the Crown Chakra, the energy center at the top of the head and balance the right and left hemispheres of the human brain. In addition to its use in ancient India, China and Africa have traditionally used gotu kola for its medicinal properties.
To assure the highest Quality and Bio-Activity we at TFD use our Cellular Fraction-Line Technology (CFL) to provide The Worlds Purest, Full Spectrum Super Food Powders. (Click To Learn more about the CFL Process)
- reduce high blood pressure
- Helpful preventitive against congestive heart failure, strokes, and high blood pressure
- Regulate blood flow
- Strengthening blood vessel
- Decreased Anxiety
- Speed up Healing
- Strengthens the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue
- Increased mental and physical energy
- Increased libido
- Ancient India, China and Africa have traditionally used gotu kola for its medicinal properties. Cultures throughout India, Asia and Africa use gotu kola leaves in culinary preparations including soups, salads, and beverages. This is truly a case of your food being your medicine and your medicine being your food.
- Modern studies indicate that gotu kola improves memory and retention of learned behaviors.
- Clinical studies provide evidence that gotu kola can relieve anxiety. A study of patients with general anxiety disorder reported a decrease in the severity and frequency of anxiety attacks after using gotu kola.
- Gotu Kola strengthens veins and capillaries while it improves blood flow. It soothes and minimizes varicose veins, treats muscle cramps, and helps to minimize scarring.
- The combination of stimulation of blood flow to the cells and protection against infections allows gotu kola to speed up the healing process while inhibiting the accumulation of scar tissue.
- Gotu kola, as a mild diuretic, stimulates the release of excess toxins, salts, water and fat from the body as a result of increased urination. This will ease strained kidneys and generally remove toxins while sustaining our energy and our fluid balance.
In Depth Look
Asiaticosides may damage the cell walls of bacteria, viruses and bacteria including the bacteria that cause leprosy. Parasitic infections such as urinary tract infecions, shigles, cholera, dysenaray, syphilis, influena and the common cold. The weakened bacteria become more susceptible to the body’s immune system.
Triterpeoid compounds (saponins), asiaticodise, madecassosides, and madastatic acid beneficially affect collagen to inhibit hyperactive scar formation.
Treatment of third degree burns when commenced immediately after being burned reduces scarring and daily application of gotu kola together with intramuscular injections was found to limit the shrinking of the skin during the healing process. Asiaticoside not only stimulates skin repair but also strengthens the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue.
Gotu Kola is a “cognitive tonic” that boosts and rejuvenates the central nervous system aiding intelligence and memory while it fights nervous disorders including epilepsy and senility. It also acts to combat stress and depression, energize cognitive functions, and improve reflexes.Enhanced circulation discussed below oxygenates the brain allowing cognition to improve. In addition the antioxidant effects of gotu kola stimulate neural pathways by reducing plaque and free radicals in the brain.
Asiaticosides and madecassosides contained in gotu kola may treat, delay and prevent chronic venous insufficiency which occurs when the valves that regulate blood flow are weak or damaged and blood collects in the veins of the legs. Strengthening blood vessel wall may slow down the gradual break down of the retina in the eyes, may assist in relief from hemorrhoids, and strengthen the lining of the gastrointestinal tract to help treat ulcers. Strengthening blood vessel wall may slow down the gradual break down of the retina in the eyes, may assist in relief from hemorrhoids, and strengthen the lining of the gastrointestinal tract to help treat ulcers.
To learn more about Gotu Kola, please click the links below